DHI HAIR TRANSPLANT
DHI, is an abbreviation for Direct Hair Implantation. This method refers to the transplantation of hair directly. Although it came to the spotlight after 2016, it has been practiced for about 10 years.
Special needles (Implanter / Choi needle) are designed for DHI hair transplantation. It has a thin, cylindrical and sharp tip. The hair follicle is taken from the donor area and placed directly in the area where the hair is diluted in 1-2 minutes using these needles. Although there are opinions suggesting the similarities between DHI hair transplantation and FUE hair transplant procedures, there are important differences between these two techniques.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DHI AND FUE TECHNIQUE?
- With DHI hair transplantation technique, hair transplantation can be performed without shaving the hair.
- Grafts are not kept in waiting as in the FUE technique after they are removed from the donor area. It is transported to the affected area within 1-2 minutes. As a result, damage to the hair follicles is prevented.
- It provides transplanting between the hair in areas where the hair is not completely bald and the hair is sparsely distributed. If transplant will be done in a narrower area, more denser transplantation can be done with DHI hair transplantation.
HOW IS DHI HAIR TRANSPLANTATION DONE?
Hair follicles are harvested one by one with implanter pen used in DHI hair transplantation technique. The hair follicles taken are placed in the area to be transplanted with the same pen without waiting. It is noteworthy to ensure that this process is undertaken by an expert. Placement process requires attention and care. Each hair follicle must be placed with the optimum angle of 40-45 degrees in order to have a natural appearance. This process should be continued in line with the direction of the patient's hair. During DHI hair transplantation, 2 to 6 implanters are used. Different sizes of implants are used according to the thickness of the hair root.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DHI HAIR TRANSPLANT?
- The hair follicles are not kept outside any longer, so the risk of damage is reduced.
- The survival rate of grafts is much higher.
- In this method, the rate of attachment of the hair follicles is higher.
- Minimizes the risk of bleeding.
- Healing rate is shorter in DHI hair transplantation process.
- It allows you to return to your daily routine in a short period of time.
- This technique allows hair transplantation process to be carried out easily without shaving.
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF DHI HAIR TRANSPLANT?
- The procedure should be done by a specialized doctor who is really experienced in this ﬁeld.
- DHI hair transplantation is a sensitive process and requires extreme care.
- Prices are higher than other techniques.
- Processing time is longer than FUE hair transplantation.